The best attorneys are sensitive to issues beyond the legal system. They understand that factors like emotional distress, financial concerns, and family dynamics, when taken together, can have a major impact on a given legal issue.
At my suburban Pittsburgh law firm, The Law Offices of Mary Margaret Boyd, I draw upon a wide range of personal and professional experiences and knowledge to give my clients comprehensive legal assistance. As a professional counselor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, and with a solid foundation in finance and accounting, I provide not only legal representation, but counsel designed to protect your family, your finances, and your state of mind.
Estate Planning – Wills – Powers Of Attorney – Living Wills
While many people tend to avoid the subject matter of estate planning, it is very important to have a proper estate plan in order to legally carry out your wishes. This includes a Will, Power of Attorney, Living Will, and Durable Healthcare Power of Attorney. These are all powerful, yet inexpensive estate planning tools that can help ensure you are the one determining the distribution of your assets, as well as what to do in the event you are incapacitated and unable to make a decision yourself.
Probate And Estate Administration
When a loved one dies, their assets are liquidated, any remaining debts paid off, and the balance distributed properly to heirs. This can be a complex legal matter that really requires the help of an experienced probate attorney. I can consult with you on whether or not you need to probate the estate.
Assistance For A Full Range Of Legal Needs
From family law to probate and estate planning, I represent the families of Allegheny County and Washington County, in a full range of legal issues, including:
- Divorce mediation: I act as a neutral third party in the divorce mediation process, but with the education and experience of a family lawyer, helping couples resolve their differences in a comfortable environment free from the constraints and costs of courtroom proceedings.
- Family Law: As a South Hills family law attorney, I have over 32 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of family law matters, including divorce, marital property division, child support, child custody, and alimony.
- Estate planning: I help families think through their goals and create estate planning documents that fit their unique needs. I work with all of my clients directly to ensure that the future of their family and their assets are secure.
- Probate (estate administration): For families who have recently lost a loved one, I provide careful and compassionate probate assistance, including liquidating assets, preparing and filing Pennsylvania inheritance tax returns, resolving disputes among heirs, and providing representation in the event of any litigation.
- Personal injury-auto accidents: I represent people who have been injured in car accidents, helping them to obtain compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and additional pain and suffering. I work in unison with a downtown Pittsburgh litigation attorney who specializes in this field. We will meet with you at my convenient South Hills office or her downtown location, whichever you prefer.